Friday 11 September 2015

Units Of Measurement

Six years on from when I first adopted Tinkerbell as a pup I found on the streets near Tainan's "science park", and the subsequent adoption of my other dogs (all but two I found abandoned as puppies in the park), I find myself faced with the necessity of buying yet another sofa. Erhjen, the tan-coloured pup I found up on the mountain earlier this year, has finally chewed a hole in the still relatively new sofa I bought only last year. I knew at the time I took her in that this would eventually happen.

I have now had six sofas in as many years, with five of them having been worn out in that time. That little fact occurred to me this morning as I was having my coffee with three of the six dogs all curled around me on the flat sofa. It's a cost I can only pretend to be annoyed at having to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.