Sunday 4 January 2015

First Bird Shots Of January 2015 - From Saturday 3rd & Friday 2nd

As stated in the title - I have many more pictures and things to write but am too tired just now. First five are from today at Baihe reservoir. Another crested serpent eagle perched on a branch over the water...


An Osprey perched on a dead tree in a remote corner of the reservoir...


A Kingfisher perched on a little measuring rod atop a rocky outcrop in the middle of the reservoir's central channel. Around this time last year I rescued one of these birds from a net it had become trapped in. What are the odds it is the same one?


Looking right at me...


And then letting me know what he thinks of my 300 mm lens...


From yesterday, following a farmer's road upstream along a key tributary to the Tseng-wen river; another perched crested serpent eagle...


Another eagle, but this time in flight with the sun behind him...


I'm not quite sure about this bird - when she first flew over me, I suspected Kite on account of the bend in the wings, the narrowing of the wing-tips and the fanned-out tail, but the plumage is similar to the eagles. So it might be something else...


Another eagle taking off amongst the bamboo before I was ready - my camera was still in monochrome from earlier shots I had been taking a moment earlier of the riverbed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.